Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by franck delarue <fr...@yahoo.fr> on 2001/06/28 16:01:20 UTC

WIDTH OF SCREEN

hi everyone,
I know there is a way of knowing the browser of the
client and choosing the good xsl file for this browser
(i've tried it) but I would like to do  a few more :
to know the width of the screen of the client for
differents displays.
Is there a way to do this ?

Thanks in advance.

=====

Re: WIDTH OF SCREEN

Posted by Kriss <cr...@limiteazero.com>.
Hi,

    you can obtain the user agent on server side with
request.getHeader("User-Agent"). To get screen resolution
i think you should put a hidden form field in a page, fill it with the
screen resolution using javascript and then pick the value on server side.

Cheers