Posted to adffaces-dev@incubator.apache.org by venkata guddanti <ve...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/29 22:23:34 UTC

Latest Trinidad trunk not working

Hi All,

I am have issues running the latest trinidad trunk. In JDEV 10.1.3 I get the
following error in console when I try to navigate to a page or click on
command components:

Mar 29, 2007 4:19:24 PM
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.config.GlobalConfiguratorImpl_isDisabled
WARNING: Configurator services were disabled after beginRequest was
executed.  Cannot disable configurator services

If I deploy to tomcat 5.5, I get the following error on all component
samples:

*exception*

javax.servlet.ServletException: org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
Base is null: editor
	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:154)
	org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl._invokeDoFilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:209)
	org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl._doFilterImpl(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:166)
	org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl.doFilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:139)
	org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.TrinidadFilter.doFilter(TrinidadFilter.java:92)
	org.apache.myfaces.trinidaddemo.webapp.RedirectFilter.doFilter(RedirectFilter.java:97)

*root cause*

javax.faces.FacesException: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Base is
null: editor
	com.sun.faces.context.ExternalContextImpl.dispatch(ExternalContextImpl.java:351)
	org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.context.ExternalContextDecorator.dispatch(ExternalContextDecorator.java:43)
	org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.context.FacesContextFactoryImpl$OverrideDispatch.dispatch(FacesContextFactoryImpl.java:258)
	com.sun.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.renderView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:152)
	org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.application.ViewHandlerImpl.renderView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:181)
	org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.RenderResponseExecutor.execute(RenderResponseExecutor.java:41)
	org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:132)
	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:140)
	org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl._invokeDoFilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:209)
	org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl._doFilterImpl(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:166)
	org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl.doFilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:139)
	org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.TrinidadFilter.doFilter(TrinidadFilter.java:92)
	org.apache.myfaces.trinidaddemo.webapp.RedirectFilter.doFilter(RedirectFilter.java:97)

These changes issues seem to be portal related. Am I missing some configuration?

Re: Latest Trinidad trunk not working

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hello Venk,

the WAR file has! to contain the the JARs of ONE jsf impl
(myfaces OR ri). The trunk is JSF 1.1; Target is J2EE 1.3
and/or J2EE 1.4.

In a JSF 1.2 world, there shouldn't be JARs from a  JSF-IMPL in the WAR.
The target are Java EE 5 containers, which support JSF 1.2 by default.
Even more, a good container has to ignore ANY jsf-impl inside the WAR.

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh