Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by sai krishnam raju potturi <ps...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/02 22:23:54 UTC

Re : Possibility of using 2 different snitches in the Multi_DC cluster

hi;
  we have a multi-DC cluster spanning across our own private cloud and AWS.
We are currently using Propertyfile snitch across our cluster.

What is the possibility of using GossipingPropertFileSnitch on datacenters
in our private cloud, and Ec2MultiRegionSnitch in AWS?

Thanks in advance for the help.

thanks
Sai

Re: Re : Possibility of using 2 different snitches in the Multi_DC cluster

Posted by Will Hayworth <wh...@atlassian.com>.
Ec2MultiRegionSnitch does remove a bit of complexity for us, speaking as
someone who runs a small cluster that serves one system. It doesn't sound
like the right solution for you, though.

Will Hayworth
Developer, Engagement Engine
My pronoun is "they". <http://pronoun.is/they>

Posted by Ben Bromhead <be...@instaclustr.com>.
Also you may want to run multiple data centres in the one AWS region (load
segmentation, spark etc). +1 GPFS for everything

On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 at 07:42 sai krishnam raju potturi <ps...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> thanks a lot Robert. Greatly appreciate it.
>
> thanks
> Sai
>
> On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 1:23 PM, sai krishnam raju potturi <
>> pskraju88@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> What is the possibility of using GossipingPropertFileSnitch on
>>> datacenters in our private cloud, and Ec2MultiRegionSnitch in AWS?
>>>

>> You should just use GPFS everywhere.
>>
>> This is also the reason why you should not use EC2MRS if you might ever
>> have a DC that is outside of AWS. Just use GPFS.
>>
>> =Rob
>> PS - To answer your actual question... one "can" use different snitches
>> on a per node basis, but ONE REALLY REALLY SHOULDN'T CONSIDER THIS A VALID
>> APPROACH AND IF ONE TRIES AND FAILS I WILL POINT AND LAUGH AND NOT HELP
>> THEM.... :D
>>

> --
Ben Bromhead
CTO | Instaclustr
+1 650 284 9692

Re: Re : Possibility of using 2 different snitches in the Multi_DC cluster

Posted by sai krishnam raju potturi <ps...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.