Posted to announce@maven.apache.org by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@apache.org> on 2008/04/29 00:14:42 UTC

[ANN] Maven Archetype Plugin 2.0-alpha-3 Released

The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Maven
Archetype Plugin, version 2.0-alpha-3

The Archetype Plugin allows the user to create a Maven 2 project from
an existing template called an archetype. It also allows the user to
create an archetype from an existing project.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-archetype-plugin/

Release Notes - Maven Archetype - Version 2.0-alpha-3

** Bug
    * [ARCHETYPE-122] - The defined artifact is not an archetype?
    * [ARCHETYPE-124] - custom archetype-catalog.xml not read
    * [ARCHETYPE-126] - Site menu is corrupted
    * [ARCHETYPE-129] - incorrect error handling in batch mode
    * [ARCHETYPE-130] - selecting "N" to "is this correct" question
resets all variables, even those that were input from the command line
    * [ARCHETYPE-132] - The create-from-project goal does not work on
windows for multi-module projects
    * [ARCHETYPE-137] - Problem when setting default values for
archetype-metadata.xml
    * [ARCHETYPE-139] - cannot create archetype for existing project
without pre-existing pom
    * [ARCHETYPE-140] - archetype:generate doesn't support inserting a
module into a multi-module build like :create did
    * [ARCHETYPE-141] - wrong goal name in docs
    * [ARCHETYPE-144] - Fails "archetype:create" when specify archetypeVersion
    * [ARCHETYPE-146] - Archetype Resources not being processed on Windows.
    * [ARCHETYPE-149] - archetype generate -DarchetypeRepository not working
    * [ARCHETYPE-150] - New maven-archetype-plugin ignores the
remoteRepositories system property
    * [ARCHETYPE-153] - Multimodule archetype does not propagate the
artifactId in module names.
    * [ARCHETYPE-159] - mvn archetype:generate is failing to download
needed archetype artifacts
    * [ARCHETYPE-160] - [regression] the default (15) is no longer
present in generate

** Improvement
    * [ARCHETYPE-109] - plugins should have a auto-generated goal "help"
    * [ARCHETYPE-112] - Allow to configure the filteredExtentions from
the archetype.properties file
    * [ARCHETYPE-135] - add a variabl containing package in a path format
    * [ARCHETYPE-143] - Add the possibility to generate files at project's root

** Wish
    * [ARCHETYPE-154] - Can i ask when will alpha-3 released

Enjoy,

-The Maven team

Re: [ANN] Maven Archetype Plugin 2.0-alpha-3 Released

Posted by Clifton <cl...@gmail.com>.
Ok, the error is actually a corrupt Velocity-1.5 pom.xml. It is being flagged
by Artifactory, our internal repo so it may not affect everybody. I'm
learning all of this off of the Artifactory mailing list.

Posted by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Clifton <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by kace <me...@hotmail.com>.
Fantastic !

Re: [ANN] Maven Archetype Plugin 2.0-alpha-3 Released

Posted by Clifton <cl...@gmail.com>.
I just started having an issue with the Archetype plugin this morning. It
seems to have trouble downloading the velocity pom from path:
repo/velocity/velocity/1.5/velocity-1.5.pom off of our Artifactory instance.
Have I done something wrong?