Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by MegaBrutal <me...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/27 17:54:10 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_proxy: Proxy sends double requests to backend server

Hi all,

I've encountered a very strange problem. I wanted to configure a
proxy, but for some reason, it sends request twice to the backend
server, and it usually results in a "400 Bad Request" response.

With a program, I've recorded an example of a dummy request.
17:39:37 < GET / HTTP/1.1
17:39:37 < Host: xxxxxx.no-ip.com:8033
17:39:37 < User-Agent: putty
17:39:37 < Connection: Keep-Alive
17:39:37 < GET / HTTP/1.1
17:39:37 < Host: xxxxxx.no-ip.com:8033
17:39:37 < User-Agent: putty
17:39:37 < Connection: Keep-Alive

I've triggered this by sending this request to the proxy:
GET http://xxxxxx.no-ip.com:8033/ HTTP/1.0
Host: xxxxxx.no-ip.com

Some data of my Apache:
Apache version: 2.2.8 *
Platform: Win32
Trird-party module used: PHP/5.2.6

I even shown my config to a guy on the Freenode IRC channel, and he
said my config is right, and he also wondered the problem. So I. Does
someone have an idea what may cause this?

* I've seen the changelog for 2.2.9, but it doesn't mention a fix for
such a bug, so I didn't see point in upgrading right now.

Thanks,
MegaBrutal

[users@httpd] Re: mod_proxy: Proxy sends double requests to backend server

Posted by MegaBrutal <me...@gmail.com>.
Nobody has idea what may cause this problem I've described? Has
anybody encountered something similar?