Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by am...@monkeybrains.net on 2003/01/31 20:03:10 UTC

[users@httpd] [crit] the listener thread didn't exit

hello, all

I am running apache2.0.43 on solaris 8 with the worker mpm enabled and am
getting this error under heavy load:
[crit] the listener thread didn't exit

shortly after these errors start the child processes take a long time to
exit or do not at all. Eventually, the server completely hangs.
apache responds to connections but does not process requests. a GET /
HTTP/1.0 will just hang :(

Have any of you come across this? Any fixes here?

regards,
 -amen

oh yeah...I should also mention that our build environment is Solaris 2.6