Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by haixi liu <ha...@hotmail.com> on 2002/10/02 17:11:34 UTC

How to get remote host inof in Tomcat-Apache combination scenario

When I was using tomcat as standalone server, I just use getRemoteHost() to
get client hostname or IP.

Now that I am using Tomcat-JK-Apache, this method doesn't work anymore. It
returns null for all request.

Does anybody know how to get that remote user information again?

Thanks a lot

Haixi

Help with Startup Script

Posted by Chuck Carson <ch...@syrrx.com>.
I am unable to get tomcat to start automatically under Solaris 8. I try
starting it after several other socket based applications (such as
oracle and postgres)

I get nothing in the logs, the service merely refuses to start.

Here is the startup script:
#!/sbin/sh
case "$1" in
start)
         echo "Starting tomcat server..."
         /sbin/su - root -c . /root/.bashrc &&
/usr/local/tomcat4/bin/catalina.sh start
         ;;
stop)
         echo "Stopping tomcat server..."
         /usr/local/tomcat4/bin/catalina.sh stop
         ;;
*)
         echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop}"
         exit 1
         ;;
esac
exit 0

I added the 'su - root -c . /root/.bashrc' bit as a troubleshooting
step, the explicit sourcing of root's .bashrc is not needed on other
services that I start at boot time.

I have this script here: /etc/rc3.d/S70tomcat4

When the system is booting, I see the message "Starting tomcat
server..." so I know the script is getting executed.

The default runlevel is set to 3.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
CC