Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Simon Hutchinson <si...@misgl.com> on 2003/11/19 13:14:14 UTC

URL Encoding (Coccon 2.1 cvs as of about 2 weeks ago)

    Hi,

    I am very new to coccon so please excuse any glaring errors in my
question.
    I have written a transformer whose job in part is to extrat a uri
from a knowledge article returned from our knowledgebase.

    <swsolution>
                     <cinclude:include select="*|text()">
                           <xsl:attribute
name="src">cocoon:/soldoc?url=<xsl:value-of
select="normalize-space(LongDescLink)"/>

                      </xsl:attribute>
                     </cinclude:include>
    </swsolution>

    The snippet above indicates my attempt. -
    The cinclude transformer then transforms the xml and finds the
correct matcher in my sitemap.

    I want to use the html generator to return the file. <see below>

    <map:pipeline>
        <map:match pattern="soldoc">
                <map:generate src="{request-param:url}" type="html"/>
                <map:serialize/>
           </map:match>
     </map:pipeline>

    This solution works until I try to generate a uri with an illegal
character ie a space.
    It appears that the request-param is (correctly) decoding the
parameter I am passing it but unfortunately this is not the behaviour I
require.

    Is there any way that I can re-code the parameter before generating it ?
    Or can anyone suggest an alternative means of achieving the same
end. ie generating html from a remote server.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Cheers

    Si

Re: URL Encoding (Coccon 2.1 cvs as of about 2 weeks ago)

Posted by Simon Hutchinson <si...@misgl.com>.
Tony Collen wrote:
> Simon Hutchinson wrote:
>

>>    This solution works until I try to generate a uri with an illegal
>> character ie a space.
>>    It appears that the request-param is (correctly) decoding the
>> parameter I am passing it but unfortunately this is not the behaviour
>> I require.
>>
>>    Is there any way that I can re-code the parameter before generating
>> it ?
>>    Or can anyone suggest an alternative means of achieving the same
>> end. ie generating html from a remote server.
>

> I think what you need is the RawRequestParameterModule.
>
> See http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=InputModules

Thanks for the suggestion. From the documentation this seems like the
correct input module for my issue.
It does allow me to reduce my probelm to a simpler case however.

With the following sitemap match

<map:match pattern="soldoc">
   <map:generate src="{raw-request-param:url}" type="html"/>
   <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

If I request

http://localhost:8080/cocoon/soldoc?url=http://example.com/foo.html

the html is returned

However even with the "raw-request-param" module specified if I request

http://localhost:8080/cocoon/soldoc?url=http://example.com/fo%20o.html

I get a file not found exception (the file "fo o.html" does exist and I
can get it with the plain url http://example.com/fo%20o.html)

Can anyone advise me as to why this might be ?

Thanks

Posted by Tony Collen <co...@umn.edu>.
Simon Hutchinson wrote:

>    This solution works until I try to generate a uri with an illegal
> character ie a space.
>    It appears that the request-param is (correctly) decoding the
> parameter I am passing it but unfortunately this is not the behaviour I
> require.
>
>    Is there any way that I can re-code the parameter before generating it ?
>    Or can anyone suggest an alternative means of achieving the same end.
> ie generating html from a remote server.

I think what you need is the RawRequestParameterModule.

See http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=InputModules

HTH

Tony