Posted to infrastructure-dev@apache.org by Kevin Menard <ni...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/20 13:20:36 UTC

GitHub mirrors

Are the GitHub mirrors under the user "apache" semi-official?  I recall
there being some discussion about it but wasn't sure if someone just
squatted the name.
If it is, I suggest a couple things:

- Add an avatar (gravatar?) for the user account with the ASF logo.
- Sync the list of repositories being mirrored.  I noticed Cayenne is not
listed on GitHub, for example.

Kevin

Re: GitHub mirrors

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Kevin Menard <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are the GitHub mirrors under the user "apache" semi-official?  I recall
> there being some discussion about it but wasn't sure if someone just
> squatted the name.

They are. We've been in contact with the Github people about it and
they've reserved the "apache" account for us.

We don't have direct control of the account as with all the mirroring
settings it's not really a "normal" Github account. Instead I've been
in contact with the Github guys on any changes we've needed.

> - Add an avatar (gravatar?) for the user account with the ASF logo.

Good idea, I'll ping them about that.

> - Sync the list of repositories being mirrored.  I noticed Cayenne is not
> listed on GitHub, for example.

You're right, quite a few mirrors are missing. They created the
initial mirrors during the ApacheCon when we were still setting up
git.apache.org. I'll ask them about the current status.

BR,

Jukka Zitting