Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sean Timm <Ti...@aol.com> on 2012/12/11 21:26:46 UTC

SolrJ/Solr version mismatch error

I ran into this today it took me longer than it should have to figure
out the problem, so I wanted to write and share my experience to save
someone else some time.  A web search and a search through the mail
archives didn't provide any elucidation.

If you run SolrJ 4.0.0 BETA connecting to Solr 4.0.0 (Final), you get
the "No live SolrServers available to handle this request" error which
doesn't provide much detail as to what is wrong.  After I got it
working, I didn't digger deeper to see why the error was triggered
(explicit version checking, or some difference in identifying the
correct server), but it would have been nice to have a message
indicating that the client and server versions don't match.

Caused by: org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: No live
SolrServers available to handle this request
             at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.LBHttpSolrServer.request(LBHttpSolrServer.java:322)
             at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CloudSolrServer.request(CloudSolrServer.java:237)
             at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.QueryRequest.process(QueryRequest.java:90)
             at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.query(SolrServer.java:324)
             [...]

-Sean