Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Marcus Dickerhof <ma...@web.de> on 2002/08/07 15:27:50 UTC

DELTAV-Versioning --> Finding Predecessor?

Hi,

perhaps someone can help me with this.
Im using SLIDE nightly/2002-07-??. I have got the task to programm parts of a XML-Schema-Repository at University. I already wrote the Content and Descriptors-Stores for a XML-Database. I also set up SLIDE to do the DeltaV Versioning. So everytime I put a new Version of the XML-File to the server a new Object in the History is created.
Now I have got the following problem:
The first revision of a XML-file should be saved normally (the whole document). Now when I put a new version in, a XSLT-Stylesheet should take the old version and compare it with the new to extract only the changes made to the original document. And only these changes (Delta-Information) should be saved in the database plus the URI of the Predecessor.
When I retrieve a version from the contentStore the Delta-Information + the PredecessorDocument have to be combined to get the revision I want.

But to do this I have to know which document is the predecessor at the time the document is written to the contentstore. When the content is written to the contentStore the P_PREDECESSOR Property of the NodeRevisionDescriptor is not yet set, as I have figured out. Is there any solution to my problem?

Thank you very much in advance.

Greetings
Marcus Dickerhof

P.S. It would be also very good, if I could have access to the P_IS-CHECKEDIN Property at the time the content is written.