Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2006/08/09 19:19:00 UTC

Re: [vote] Accept Glasgow (revised vote)

Carl Trieloff wrote:
> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>> Last and final objection, I want to make sure I am not missing
>> something...
>> the contract between the spec participants is or is not public?  If
>> public,
>> was there a link I missed?  If so, can it be added to the proposal for
>> completeness sake?
>
> I have to say partially public.

With your very detailed explanation, I grok the dynamics at work.  Although
I can't support the proposal until I understand all of the NDA's at work,
the extent to which the project will be 'controlled' by private traffic, and
by traffic they may or may not successfully influence ...

... I'm very pleased with all of the efforts to resolve entirely reasonable
confusion on the part of the submittors, and fully believe the project can
succeed as it addresses the remaining issues ...

... my vote is retracted, count me +/- 0 until we determine the rules by which
the spec committee is playing, at which point I would likely support the
proposal.  But please don't let my earlier negative vote impede your progress
if there's sufficient support for the proposal as-is, the -1 is reverted.

Bill