Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "S.B. Mak" <sb...@cs.uu.nl> on 2007/08/26 21:34:25 UTC

Uptodate without fixed name for target file

I want to use 'uptodate', but I do not know the exact name of the
target file to be used for checking the date. All I know is its
location, and that it ends with 'dmi'. Can this be done? I tried to
use a nested globmapper with target *.dmi, but that didn't work.

I got it working by specifying an exact target filename, but again,
the script needs to be generic in this regard.

The code that worked, but that is too specific:

<uptodate srcfile="${domainmodel}" targetfile="${src.dm}/
somefilename.dmi" property="domainmodel.uptodate" />

The code that didn't work:

<uptodate srcfile="${domainmodel}" property="domainmodel.uptodate">
       <mapper type="glob" from="${domainmodel}" to="${src.dm}/*.dmi" />
</uptodate>
(from on the mapper was necessary, otherwise a NullPointerException
was raised)

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sander