Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com> on 2011/12/10 01:49:04 UTC

[VOTE] Release ZooKeeper 3.4.1 (candidate 0)

I have created a candidate build for ZooKeeper 3.4.1. 7 JIRAs are
addressed in this release.

*** Please download, test and VOTE before the
*** vote closes 5pm PT on Wednesday, Dec 14.***

http://people.apache.org/~mahadev/zookeeper-3.4.1-candidate-0/

Should we release this?

thanks
mahadev

Posted by Benjamin Reed <br...@apache.org>.
+1 tests pass and everything looks good. i did notice one problem:
ZOOKEEPER-1327 there are still remnants of hadoop urls in some of our
files. that might explain why users keep finding the old wiki pages!

it's not a blocker, so i don't think it should hold up the release.

ben

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1. Tests also pass for me. I have also tested it against bookkeeper/
hedwig and ran some manual tests killing the leader and followers.

-Flavio

On Dec 13, 2011, at 12:18 AM, Mahadev Konar wrote:

> +1. Tests pass, deployed it on 3 nodes and tried out 3.3 clients with
> it. Upgraded with data on 3.3, seems to work fine.
>
> thanks
> mahadev
>

> On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 11:24 AM, Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>> +1, tests all pass, sig/xsums are correct.
>>
>> Patrick

>>> Its there. Missed it :(.
>>>
>>> mahadev

flavio
junqueira

research scientist

fpj@yahoo-inc.com
direct +34 93-183-8828

phone (408) 349 3300    fax (408) 349 3301

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>> release date in the changes.txt says "tbd"
> Yikes. Is this a blocker?

probably not, but can you edit the changes.txt on the branch right now?

isn't that a step in the how to release? updating the date? (if not
plz update the page)

>> Why did you sign all the checksum files in dist-maven?
>
> I did that last time as well. Does that matter?

probably not, I didn't notice it before, seems harmless but unnecessary.

Patrick

> mahadev
>

>> Patrick
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>> I have created a candidate build for ZooKeeper 3.4.1. 7 JIRAs are
>>> addressed in this release.
>>>
>>> *** Please download, test and VOTE before the
>>> *** vote closes 5pm PT on Wednesday, Dec 14.***
>>>
>>> http://people.apache.org/~mahadev/zookeeper-3.4.1-candidate-0/
>>>
>>> Should we release this?
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> mahadev

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
some issues found on first look, not sure if these are blockers:

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks folks!

With 4 +1 (binding) and 1 +1 non binding, the vote passes.

Ill do the needful.

thanks
mahadev

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.