Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by TonyDrago <do...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2006/07/10 22:12:22 UTC

unit testing JBI components

Hi,

I want to write JUnit test methods for my components. This requires me to do
the following:

1) Launch ServiceMix from within a JUnit class
2) Send a message to a component from a JUnit method
3) Retrieve the component's response from a JUnit method

I guess I could achieve (1) simply by executing:

  Runtime.exec(pathToServiceMix);
  Thread.sleep(enoughTimeForServiceMixToStart);

But I'm not too sure about (2) and (3).

I believe there are binding components provided with ServiceMix which might
be useful, but I'm looking for specific information about how to use these
to send/receive messages to/from JBI from a JUnit method.

Any alternative suggestions about how to unit test components would be most
welcome.

Best Wishes,
Tony

Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: unit testing JBI components

Posted by Terry Cox <te...@meta-concepts.com>.
> I want to write JUnit test methods for my components. This requires
> me to do the following:

There are plenty of examples of unit testing JBI components within the
ServiceMix source. servicemix-eip is a good place to start...

Terry