Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/28 17:28:41 UTC

Re: SESSIONS created with jmeter sciprt but not hitting on internal load

On 27/04/2010, gpub <af...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi
>
>  please help me in the scenario as i have recored a script and click on 1, 2
>  ,3 , 4 links and again click on home link.
>
>  now when i run the script with 10 users.
>  at the back end it shows that 10 users are hit but are in idle state. all 10
>  users do not show that any 1 one user of them had hit any of link 1, 2,3, 4
>  or home link.
>
>  please suggest me how do i proceed further.
>
>  This is gating my plan, as i need to assure that same no of users are
>  actually hitting the links.
>
>  please let me know your suggestion

Add a View Results Tree Listener to check what is happening.

RE: jmeter uploading a file

Posted by Viswanathan Arunachalam <v....@auckland.ac.nz>.
You need to provide the upload file details via

SendFiles With the Request :

File path parameter MIME Type

Cheers,
Vish

RE: jmeter uploading a file

Posted by Gil Novak <Gi...@Verizon.Net>.
I have a resolution to the multipart POST issue I was having with JMeter
last month.  I worked with the developer of the application under test and
through setting breakpoints in the code, we discovered that the code did
expect or handle the lines:

We modified the code to ignore this line, and were able to get the test to
succeed.

It would be nice if JMeter had an option, like a checkbox, where the user
can control whether or not to have this line included in each part of the
multipart POST request.  It will be quite some time before I can take on
this task, so if somebody else is more familiar with the source code and has
the time to implement this feature, it would help in more situations than
just mine.  I've seen other reports of users having this issue with other
software as well.

Regards,

Gil Novak

Posted by Gil Novak <Gi...@Verizon.Net>.

Re: jmeter uploading a file

Posted by sudheer reddy <gs...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I have the same problem for uploading the file I overcome it  by  removing
the end content  in send parameters list and placed the same
 after the   file path and it works

rgds
Sudheer

Re: jmeter uploading a file

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
My reading is that this shouldnt really make a difference . do you know what
error you get on the server side?
> Replaying it fails also.
What does the HTTP sampler have? And do you get any errors in the logs?  Is
the file shown correctly in the send files with request? if you give an
absolute path , it should honor it.  Add a view results tree listener and
see if you can see any error message that the application sends or whether
any previous request fails?
You might try changing the type of sampler (to httpclient) and see if it
makes a difference

Re: jmeter uploading a file

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 20/05/2010, Gil Novak <Gi...@verizon.net> wrote:
> I have a resolution to the multipart POST issue I was having with JMeter
>  last month.  I worked with the developer of the application under test and
>  through setting breakpoints in the code, we discovered that the code did
>  expect or handle the lines:

>  We modified the code to ignore this line, and were able to get the test to
>  succeed.
>

>  It would be nice if JMeter had an option, like a checkbox, where the user
>  can control whether or not to have this line included in each part of the
>  multipart POST request.  It will be quite some time before I can take on
>  this task, so if somebody else is more familiar with the source code and has
>  the time to implement this feature, it would help in more situations than
>  just mine.  I've seen other reports of users having this issue with other
>  software as well.

Which HTTP sampler were you using?
Do they both behave the same way?

The best way to record change requests is to create a Bugzilla
enhancement issue.
Mails can get forgotten.
Ideally include a simple test plan that uses the same general settings
so it's clear what is being requested and fixes can be tested against
that.