Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by JC <jc...@marketo.com> on 2013/12/12 09:02:58 UTC

Get all columns in a column family

I have use case where if one column of a column family changes, I would like
to bring back all the columns in that column family. I can use the timestamp
to identify the column that changes but it only returns the one column. Is
there a way I can get all the columns of the column family back with one
pass of the data? What are some other options here?

Thanks in advance

Re: Get all columns in a column family

Posted by Kevin O'dell <ke...@cloudera.com>.
Hey JC,

  Is this what you are looking for
http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/Get.html#addFamily(byte[])

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 3:02 AM, JC <jc...@marketo.com> wrote:

> I have use case where if one column of a column family changes, I would
> like
> to bring back all the columns in that column family. I can use the
> timestamp
> to identify the column that changes but it only returns the one column. Is
> there a way I can get all the columns of the column family back with one
> pass of the data? What are some other options here?
>
> Thanks in advance

Kevin O'Dell
Systems Engineer, Cloudera