Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Shah Amit <am...@hotmail.com> on 2005/08/01 00:10:14 UTC

RE: How secure is Jetspeed from beeing hacked?

I would like to know more about this too !! I think it doens't depend much
on jetspeed because jetspeed is not opening up any special ports or special
services. I would guess it more depends the webapplication that we write. If
that is more hack prone, I dont think jetspeed can do anything for that ??

Amit

Posted by Scott T Weaver <sc...@binary-designs.net>.
By default, a three strikes method is implemented so dictionary attacks
won't work.  There are also settings for:

- Min password length
- Password contents
- Password expiration
- Encrypted password storage

I think either Ate or David Le Strat can comment further or correct me if I
am wrong.

Hth,
Scott