Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by msw1234567890 <ma...@cgifederal.com> on 2008/09/10 23:24:31 UTC

How does a notification get triggered?

Please bare with me as I am still attempting to get a better grasp on how
Muse works.  As I understand, a notificationproducer capability notifies
existing subscriptionManager capabilities, which in turn send notification
messages to Notification consumers (which maybe outside of muse).  My
question is, how does a notificationproducer get triggered or trigger itself
to send that notification to the subscriptionmanagers?

Thanks,

msw

RE: How does a notification get triggered?

Posted by Ch...@swisscom.com.
Hi Matthew,

You have to call publish on the NotificationProducer, the WSN example code in the distribution (and the docs) explain how to do this.  You get the correct producing resource, then get the producer capability then call publish on a NotificationMessage.

Actually there is even a nice online tutorial by Dan on ibm ... http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ac-musewsn1.html and http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ac-musewsn2.html.  They provide a great overview and are well worth reading.

cheers,
Chris