Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Bert Van Kets <be...@dream-models.com> on 2002/05/23 12:57:44 UTC

Forrest skin

 From what I can see in the PhotoShop documents and the way the site looks
now the main task is to chop up the design (who made this BTW?), create the
correct HTML that's compatible with 99,5% of all browsers (done it before),
and create the XSL files that make up the skin.
That's exactly what I did two months ago for the Cocoon project I'm working
on now.
Give me an OK on this and I'll start chopping ASAP.
Bert

RE: Forrest skin

Posted by Bert Van Kets <be...@dream-models.com>.
At 13:05 23/05/2002 +0200, you wrote:
> > From: Bert Van Kets [mailto:bert@dream-models.com]
>
>Bert,
>
> >  From what I can see in the PhotoShop documents and the way
> > the site looks
> > now the main task is to chop up the design (who made this
> > BTW?)
>
>Stefano, but I believe he got some help from his girlfriend ;-)

Yeah, women and style ... ;-)

> > , create the
> > correct HTML that's compatible with 99,5% of all browsers
> > (done it before),
>
>(we'll remember that one ;-)

The right tools can help you a great deal ;-)

> > and create the XSL files that make up the skin.
> > That's exactly what I did two months ago for the Cocoon
> > project I'm working
> > on now.
> > Give me an OK on this and I'll start chopping ASAP.
>
>hold you horses ;-)
>
>Do not hesitate to look into page.html and the existing 'forrest-site'
>stylesheets, some work has been done already... maybe it is more
>efficient if you start patching these? Make sure Rob knows about your
>ambitions, we want our efforts to be focused, and he has some good ideas
>about modularizing the stylesheets that I want to see preserved.

I did check the html, css and xsl files.  To implement the graphics and to
assure browser compatibility I think it will be easier to start from
scratch.  The pages are not *that* complicated.
I'll check with Rob first and see where we can start.

>Other than that: glad you're willing to help us out!

Glad to be of service.

Bert

RE: Forrest skin

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
> From: Bert Van Kets [mailto:bert@dream-models.com]

Bert,

>  From what I can see in the PhotoShop documents and the way
> the site looks
> now the main task is to chop up the design (who made this
> BTW?)

Stefano, but I believe he got some help from his girlfriend ;-)

> , create the
> correct HTML that's compatible with 99,5% of all browsers
> (done it before),

(we'll remember that one ;-)

> and create the XSL files that make up the skin.
> That's exactly what I did two months ago for the Cocoon
> project I'm working
> on now.
> Give me an OK on this and I'll start chopping ASAP.

hold you horses ;-)

Do not hesitate to look into page.html and the existing 'forrest-site'
stylesheets, some work has been done already... maybe it is more
efficient if you start patching these? Make sure Rob knows about your
ambitions, we want our efforts to be focused, and he has some good ideas
about modularizing the stylesheets that I want to see preserved.

Other than that: glad you're willing to help us out!

</Steven>