Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mary Anderson <mf...@ucdavis.edu> on 2006/02/22 20:38:03 UTC

[users@httpd] Calling .pl file with Apache, Windows XP, file1.pl works, file2.pl doesn't

Hi all,
   I can call helloWorld, but not SampleEntry.pl.  SampleEntry.pl was
working with my newly configured apache just fine last night.  But I
somehow lost the configuration and have tried to reconstruct it.
    I think it may be a Windows oddity.  Both helloWorld and
SampleEntry.pl are known to be PL files by the operating system -- both
come up with the little lizard icon and are described as PL files.  But
helloWorld is not displaying the .pl extension, and SampleEntry is.  (I
forced it to while trying to get this to work!)

http.conf

     LoadModule cgi_module modules/mod_cgi.so

     <Directory />
         Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
         AllowOverride None
     </Directory>

     <Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/cgi-bin">
         AllowOverride None
         Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all
     </Directory>
     AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
     ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/cgi-
bin/"

helloWorld

     #!C:/perl/bin/perl.exe
     print "Content-type:text/html\n\n"

     use CGI "standard";

     print start_html;
     print header;
     print "Hello, world!";
     print hr;
     print end_html

SampleEntry.pl

     #!C:\perl\bin\perl.exe
     print "Content-type:text/html\n\n";#I really don't want this line,
but it seemed necessary to run the program.

     use strict;
     use CGI qw/:standard :html3/;
     use CGI::Carp('fatalsToBrowser', 'warningsToBrowser');
     print start_html;
     print header;