Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by cristi <cr...@medialab.sissa.it> on 2005/07/14 11:01:36 UTC

org.apache.catalina.util.ParameterMap.put exception

Hello all

I receive the following exception in a non deterministic manner.
The reader should understand that the exception is not thrown due to my
direct action on a ParameterMap instance.
Is there any possibility of knowing what to do in this case ?

----- BEGIN EXCEPTION -----

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot find message associated with key
'parameterMap.locked'
	at org.apache.catalina.util.ParameterMap.put(ParameterMap.java:212)
	at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteRequest.getParameterMap(CoyoteRequest.java:937)
	at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteRequestFacade.getParameterMap(CoyoteRequestFacade.java:193)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationHttpRequest.setRequest(ApplicationHttpRequest.java:525)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationHttpRequest.(ApplicationHttpRequest.java:125)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.wrapRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:921)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:414)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:356)
	at mypackage.Hello.showResult(Hello.java:167)
	at mypackage.Hello.doGet(Hello.java:194)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)

----- END EXCEPTION -----

Re: org.apache.catalina.util.ParameterMap.put exception

Posted by cristi <cr...@medialab.sissa.it>.

> Are u trying to redirect the user to another page from Hello?? Probably u
> can try using response.sendRedirect instead to redirect the user?

Yes. Hello is a servlet. The last action in my servlet is to call
RequestDispatcher.forward() to a jsp which is creating the HTML page.

Do you have any reason to belive that response.sendRedirect should
work ? I do not modify the reponse object before calling
RequestDispatcher.forward().

Thx
Cristi

Posted by Foo Shyn <fo...@mnc.com.my>.
> I receive the following exception in a non deterministic manner.
> The reader should understand that the exception is not thrown due to my
> direct action on a ParameterMap instance.
> Is there any possibility of knowing what to do in this case ?
>
> ----- BEGIN EXCEPTION -----
>
> HTTP Status 500 -
>
> type Exception report
>
> message
>
> description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented
> it from fulfilling this request.
>
> exception
>
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot find message associated with key
> 'parameterMap.locked'
> at org.apache.catalina.util.ParameterMap.put(ParameterMap.java:212)
> at

org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteRequest.getParameterMap(CoyoteRequest.java:9
37)
> at

org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteRequestFacade.getParameterMap(CoyoteRequestF
acade.java:193)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationHttpRequest.setRequest(ApplicationHttpRe
quest.java:525)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationHttpRequest.(ApplicationHttpRequest.java
:125)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.wrapRequest(ApplicationDispat
cher.java:921)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatch
er.java:414)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher
.java:356)
> at mypackage.Hello.showResult(Hello.java:167)
> at mypackage.Hello.doGet(Hello.java:194)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
> at

FilterChain.java:247)