Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Matt Zytaruk <ma...@wavefire.com> on 2005/12/01 19:13:09 UTC

Cookies being sent by fetcher

Hi all,

Looking at our http outgoing traffic we have seen that the fetcher
appears to be sending the same cookie to different sites. This cookie is
not supposed to be sent, since we already got an email from one
webmaster wanting to know why our crawler was sending this cookie during
the fetch of each page of his site. We have noticed that the fetcher
sends it to some sites, but not all of them. Why would the fetcher be
doing this? A bug in the httpclient package perhaps?

Thanks for your help.

-Matt Zytaruk