Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Michael Smith <mj...@iii.co.uk> on 1997/10/15 19:04:01 UTC

CGI abort libraries

I haven't seen this posted here before - I thought it quite interesting
Sorry if this is a repeat!

Mike

--

http://wwwtest.gdb.org/browser/abort/cgiAbort.html

Re: CGI abort libraries

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
[David Waldo Cc'd]

Oh interesting.

I really wanted to fix this properly in 1.3 ... but didn't have the time
to do a full select() event loop for mod_cgi.  There are lots of benefits
of doing a full loop ... in addition to solving the abort problem
generally, you can trap stderr output and prefix the lines with something
meaningful before letting it hit the error_log.  Both of which are very
desirable features.  A full solution requires all this state manipulation
to deal with client in, out, and CGI in, out, err all at the same time.

David, in apache 1.3 you'll be happy to know that all CGIs are at least
unbuffered, so the patch you've got there for 1.2.4 will be unnecessary.

Dean