Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Jayant Singh <ja...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/26 05:35:07 UTC

Unexpected keyword argument 'split_blocks'

Good Evening,
My name is Jayant and I am using pyarrow version 0.15.0 with python 3.8 on
my MacOs catalina, latest version. As per the documentation (link
<https://arrow.apache.org/docs/python/pandas.html>), I ran following code
to avoid memory doubling;

df=table.to_pandas(split_blocks=True, self_destruct=True)

But I am getting the error;  to_pandas() got an unexpected keyword argument
'split_blocks'

Then I tried to update the package using: `conda update pyarrow` in the
terminal, I got a message all packages are already installed.

Kindly let me know how the above problem can be solved.

 Help is appreciated.

Re: Unexpected keyword argument 'split_blocks'

Posted by Joris Van den Bossche <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jayant,

This keyword was introduced in pyarrow 0.16, so you will need to
update your installation.

For updating, if `conda update pyarrow` indicates it is already
installed, you can also try `conda install pyarrow=0.16`. However, it
might be you will need to use the conda-forge channel, as I am not
sure the default Anaconda channel has more recent versions of pyarrow
available (`conda update pyarrow --channel conda-forge`).

Best,
Joris

(note: I am sending it to the user mailing list as well, which I think
is the better place for this question)

Posted by Joris Van den Bossche <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jayant,