Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "chidigam ." <bh...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/09 01:10:05 UTC

Kafka Monitoring..

Hi All,
What is the simplest way of monitoring the metrics in kaka brokers?
Is there any opensource available?
Any help in this regards is appreciated.

Regards
Bhanu

Re: Kafka Monitoring..

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Have you seen this thread ?

http://search-hadoop.com/m/Kafka/uyzND1Q6wyNBj42g?subj=Kafka+Monitoring

Re: Kafka Monitoring..

Posted by David Garcia <da...@spiceworks.com>.
Yeah…jmx is really the cheap/easy way to monitor kafka.  You should also monitor OS metrics like pageScanD and pageScanK.  Those were very helpful for us.

-David

On 11/9/17, 11:40 AM, "Andrew Otto" <ot...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

    We’ve recently started using Prometheus, and use Prometheus JMX Exporter
    <https://github.com/prometheus/jmx_exporter> to get Kafka metrics into
    prometheus.  Here’s our JMX Exporter config:
    https://github.com/wikimedia/puppet/blob/production/modules/profile/files/kafka/broker_prometheus_jmx_exporter.yaml

Re: Kafka Monitoring..

Posted by Andrew Otto <ot...@wikimedia.org>.

Re: Kafka Monitoring..