Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Da...@inventivedesigners.com on 2005/02/17 12:34:41 UTC

[apacheds] Bind to localhost / 127.0.0.1

Hi,

I'm having some troubles connecting to the LDAP server I started (the
startup code is attached at the end).

When connecting to david (name of my computer) I can browse the server
(p.e. with LDAP Browser), but when
I try to connect to 127.0.0.1 or localhost, I get a 'connection failed'.

I also tried to connect with the MS telnet client, which gave me the same
results. Therefore I conclude it is a server
(configuration) problem.
Anybody an idea how to solve this problem?
A configuration entry I don't know?

Thanks!

David.

========= SERVER STARTUP CODE
Properties env = new Properties();

// Standard JNDI properties
env.setProperty(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "ou=system");
env.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
"org.apache.ldap.server.jndi.ServerContextFactory");
env.setProperty(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "uid=admin,ou=system");
env.setProperty(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "secret");

env.setProperty(EnvKeys.WKDIR, store.getAbsolutePath());
env.setProperty(EnvKeys.DISABLE_ANONYMOUS, "true");
env.setProperty(EnvKeys.LDAP_PORT, String.valueOf(settings.fPort));
env.setProperty(EnvKeys.LDAPS_PORT, String.valueOf(settings.fSecurePort));

try
{
        //  Fire it up!
        InitialDirContext ctx = new InitialDirContext(env);
}
catch (NamingException e)
{
}

Inventive Designers' Email Disclaimer:

Re: [apacheds] Bind to localhost / 127.0.0.1

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Yeah good call let's yank it.

Thanks,
Alex

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Guys,

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <er...@apache.org>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> David_Geleyn@inventivedesigners.com wrote:
>
> <snip/>
> Not yet its just the trunk after 0.8 with some major changes.  I'm up
> for doing a release of this stuff ASAP after we exit incubation.
> What does everyone else think?

+1 for release ASAP after exiting incubation, primarily to get MINA code
in there.

-enrique

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
David_Geleyn@inventivedesigners.com wrote:

<snip/>

>>for you to use.  Until then you can use artifacts in our maven repo:
>>
>>http://cvs.apache.org/repository/incubator-directory/jars
>>
>>Good luck and let us know if you run into problems,
>>

>At first sight there are no problems with the new versions (0.9-SNAPSHOT)
>of the JARS.
>The problem of the binding to localhost is solved!!
>
>This isn't an official release?

Not yet its just the trunk after 0.8 with some major changes.  I'm up
for doing a release of this stuff ASAP after we exit incubation.

What does everyone else think?

>Is there a date planned to release 0.9?

Nothing yet but we should push it up.

>Does the snapshot version needs a lot of work before it's finished?

Not really there are lots of bug fixes a few new features and we've
switched over to MINA for the network layer.  I personally found the
performance much much better.

I would like to release 0.9 (remember minor release numbers will be
experimental releases with) then start frequently releasing like every
month or two.  So we can release 0.9, 0.9.1, 0.9.2 ... whatever until
we're ready to stabilize new features and cut a 0.10 for a stable
release where only bug fixes go into a 0.10 branch.

Alex

Re: [apacheds] Bind to localhost / 127.0.0.1

Posted by Da...@inventivedesigners.com.
Hi,

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.