Posted to dev@community.apache.org by sharanf <sh...@apache.org> on 2021/03/07 15:05:11 UTC

Re: Board reporting project stats feature broken - Email stats seem to have zero weeks

Hi Mike

Thanks for the bug report - we will investigate.

I took a quick look at Daffodil's dev mailing list for week 5 (8th -
14th February) and I see emails for 2nd, 3rd and 4th of February and
then no other emails sent until 16th February. This is probably why
there is nothing in the email stats for week 5.  If you can find an
email that was sent during week 5 on the list that I've missed then
please send a link so that we can dig into the issue some more.

I will also follow up on the others issues that you have mentioned.

Thanks
Sharan

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.

> On Mar 8, 2021, at 11:15 AM, Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> Take this for what it's worth...
>
>> On Mar 8, 2021, at 6:41 AM, Beckerle, Mike <mb...@owlcyberdefense.com> wrote:
>>
>> It appears you are correct. There is tons of activity in our commits mailing list, and our private list was also busy at that time, but dev was actually quiet during the period both from the mail archives and checking my own deleted emails. Much discussion in our team doesn't happen on dev, but in the back-and-forth on pull requests,
>
> Some projects configure GitHub PRs so a subset of the dialog is sent to the dev@ list. For example, when a PR is opened, when a PR has a review, when a PR is merged might be good events to publish on dev.

This is easily done with .asf.yaml

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/git+-+.asf.yaml+features#Git.asf.yamlfeatures-Notificationsettingsforrepositories

All The Best,
Dave