Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Michael <ne...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/29 19:09:02 UTC

Requesting data from inside of shows

This has been a problem I have been looking at for a long time and my
current solution is not elegant at all, so I am hoping that you all might
help.

I have a show and I would like to make a request to another API (from
another domain) from the show, which I would like combine that data and the
data from Couch into my response. This feels like it should be easy, but I
cannot find any examples of this happening.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

Re: Requesting data from inside of shows

Posted by Max Ogden <ma...@maxogden.com>.
I am not at liberty to judge the goodness or badness of botnets

Posted by Mark Hahn <ma...@boutiquing.com>.

Posted by Max Ogden <ma...@maxogden.com>.

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 10:55, Michael <ne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was afraid of that. Right now that is exactly what I am doing, but I hate
> the idea of needing to move an application wherever I replicate the
> database, which is one of the major reasons I choose Couch. Client site is
> not an option due to choked mobile bandwidth, utter lack of information
> without the external API.
>
> Is there a reason for the no external request rule? Security, technology or
> has it just not been a priority?

All three.

Re: Requesting data from inside of shows

Posted by Michael <ne...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Max Ogden <ma...@maxogden.com>.