Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM> on 2005/11/11 01:18:53 UTC

JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Nov 11, 9 am PST

Hi,

We will have our regular meeting Friday, November 11  at 9 am PST to
discuss JDO TCK issues and status.
Dial-in numbers are:

866 230-6968   294-0479#
International: +1 865 544-7856

Agenda:

1. Test status (Michael W)
2. Query tests (Michael W)
3. Detached objects (Matthew)
4. getObjectsById tests (Geoff)
5. ri11 enhancer support for jdk 1.5 (Martin)
6. JPOX fixes/issues (Erik)
7. Fieldtypes test status (Michelle)
8. Other  issues and status (any and all)

Action Items from weeks past:

[Nov 4 2005] AI MB to ask Andy to file JIRA issue on problem with floats
comparisons in query tests.

[Nov 4 2005]AI Martin: fix build scripts

[Nov 4 2005]AI Martin: Update Martin's wiki with discusion of JDO 1.5
issues.

[Oct 14 2005]: AI: Martin will  start a Wiki page with 1.5 issues, to
be linked by the web site. [In progress.]

[Oct 14 2005]: AI: Michelle distill the mapping support that JPOX has
into a list of  features that are/are not  not supported.  [Done]

[Oct 14 2005]: AI: Craig discuss mapping options with expert group.

[Oct 14 2005]: Push jars to Apache repository (Craig) In progress.
Several things  need to be updated, including project.properties,
project.xml and  maven.xml.

[Sep 2 2005]: To recruit members, update the web site. Articles on
TheServerSide directing attention to the site. T-shirts, logo. AI:
Craig write a ServerSide article.

[Aug 12 2005] AI: Craig to propose release of API20 and the entire 11
release (API, RI, TCK). This generated a large response on the
incubator alias.

[Aug 5 2005] AI Brian McCallister can send info on the instructions
how to sync Apache and ibiblio.  Re: Brian Topping needs info on
creating a maven package.

[July 29 2005] AI: Michelle Chapter 18 wiki needs to be updated to
include all JDO metadata elements and attributes. [not done]

[July 29 2005] (Craig, Brian T.) Need some permissions that Brian is
working on.

[Jul 8]  Double-check locking in the PMF (Martin) Martin has
implemented and will check in.

[April 15 2005] AI Brian Topping will update the wiki to tell how to
access our releases area.

[April 15 2005] AI Brian Topping will do the maven goal for creating and
uploading the snapshots. He will create a directory parallel to trunk
called "releases" and put the snapshots there.

[May 13 2005] AI Brian Topping will implement pushing SNAPSHOT builds of
the project to ibiblio.

[May 13 2005] AI Brian Topping will arrange for automated nightly   builds.

[May 13 2005] AI Martin Zaun will investigate JSR 294 (Java 5) to see
impact on enhancer.

[May 20 2005] AI Craig to define the JCP distributions and see if maven
can help.

-- Michelle

Re: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Nov 18, 9 am PST

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Attendees: Michelle Caisse, Michael Bouschen, Michael Watzek, Martin
Zaun, Erik Bengtson, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. Test status (Michael W) 471 tests in alltests 6 configurations
failing of 28 application id 7 failures 4 errors datastore id 4
failures 8 errors. Differences in errors/failures due to handling of
join tables (see item 7 below). The configurations that fail are
inheritance tests that might need to be adapted since they don't work
on JPOX and the specification doesn't require the inheritance
mappings to be supported.

2. Query tests (Michael W) "Almost done". Issue 216 patch checked in
regarding result shape handling. We now check for the correct
expected result shape. Adapted API tests to the new test query
framework. Only tests remaining are deletion by query. AI: Michael
will update the wiki to add a few new test cases for aggregate
(distinct) and count(navigational expression) to match specification
update.

3. Detached objects (Matthew) no change

4. getObjectsById tests (Geoff) no change

5. ri11 enhancer support for jdk 1.5 (Martin) ri11 now has support
for enhancing 1.5 classes. enhancer20 has not yet been updated.
Haven't yet checked in signature support for either project.

6. JPOX fixes/issues (Erik) good progress this week.

7. Fieldtypes test status (Michelle) Test cases have been updated.
AI: JPOX review bugs 215 and 211 assigned to them. AI Michelle: check
in patches associated with the two issues.

8. Other  issues and status (any and all)

Not equals test cases fail. Compares BigDecimal parameter with a
float column. "WHERE ? NE float1" Expects 9 results, gets 10 results.
The test case might need to be adapted or JPOX might need to handle
this case differently or the spec might have to change. AI: Erik look
at JDO-206.

BEA has said they will donate their test suite to the Apache JDO
project. AI: BEA to sign the donation paperwork and to review how to
merge test cases. This might help with the detach/attach tests.

Code review needed for JDO-218. AI: Craig

[...]

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

RE: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Nov 18, 9 am PST

Posted by "Matthew T. Adams" <ma...@xcalia.com>.
I have no change, and nothing to report.  Been busy with Xcalia business.

Sorry,
Matthew

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Nov 11, 9 am PST

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Attendees: Michelle Caisse, Michael Bouschen, Michael Watzek, Martin
Zaun, Karan Mahli, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. Test status (Michael W) 6 of 28 configurations fail; 470 tests 5
failures 9 errors for both application and datastore identity.
Progress is being made in both the number of test cases and the error/
failure rate. AI: File JIRA issues for all errors/failures.

2. Query tests (Michael W) JDO-163 was checked in. These tests are
part of the 470 tests identified above. JDO-164 patch is ready for
review. This represents another 47 tests. Started on JDO-165 SQL
queries. Questions on SQL queries.

3. Detached objects (Matthew) no change.

4. getObjectsById tests (Geoff) no change.

5. ri11 enhancer support for jdk 1.5 (Martin) Generics as
PersistenceCapable classes: not supported; looking for a use case.
Generics as field types of PersistenceCapable classes: no issues with
enhancer.
Enums: You can write Enums with behavior. No use case is known for
Enum as PersistenceCapable classes. Enum as fields of
PersistenceCapable classes are ok.
Need to update the Model with runtime metadata signatures. Some of
the support is already in the runtime20 code.

Some issues with api11 if built with source=1.5 and target=1.5.
Martin will change the build script to 1.3 for both source and target.

6. JPOX fixes/issues (Erik) Erik submitted a patch for the dtd; needs
review. Apparently some issues with Erik's Apache account.

7. Fieldtypes test status (Michelle) 5 tests still fail. Need
additional metadata for array element-type. Same issue as fields of
type Object and interfaces. Other 4 tests need fixed metadata (test
case bugs JDO-211).

8. Other  issues and status (any and all) DTDs and XSDs need to be
created and posted to Sun's official web site.

Karan Malhi wants to know why JDO is not part of the Java SE core
library. He will follow up with the Java platform spec lead and post
an open letter on the ServerSide.

Action Items from weeks past:

[Nov 4 2005] AI MB to ask Andy to file JIRA issue on problem with
floats comparisons in query tests. JDO-206 was filed.

[Nov 4 2005]AI Martin: fix build scripts. Done.

[Nov 4 2005]AI Martin: Update wiki with discusion of JDO 1.5 issues.

RE: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Nov 11, 9 am PST

Posted by "Matthew T. Adams" <ma...@xcalia.com>.
I will be on the road and unable to attend....sorry.

--matthew