Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Douglas Service <ds...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/18 01:53:07 UTC

Container classes in Avro

I have the C# and Java sides of the bridge communicating via the
RemoteManager class in Wake. I also have them sending Avro messages back
and forth sending primitives like integers and strings. However, when I try
to send non-zero length containers like arrays or maps from C# to Java they
always end up zero length on the Java side. I am using the
DefinedRuntimesSerializer class as a model for the java side.

Does anyone know of any issues here of which I should be aware? For example
could there be an issue with encoder/decoder buffer sizes?

Doug

Re: Container classes in Avro

Posted by Scott Inglis <ms...@gmail.com>.
Hey Doug,

Have you confirmed that this is working correctly in the C# implementation
of Avro? Try writing an array or map to a file and see if that comes out as
zero length.