Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org> on 2016/01/06 13:58:13 UTC

Syncope clustering on localhost

Hi all,

I want to set up a trivial Syncope cluster on my machine (to test a
CXF-based client using CXF's failover feature). I had thought of just
setting up two Tomcat instances on different ports using a shared H2
database file sitting on the hard drive.

Is it still necessary to set a value for "openjpa.RemoteCommitProvider" as
per:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Setup+a+Syncope+cluster

? If so how does it work when I have two instances on the same machine, and
presumably sharing the same port? Or is this whole approach invalid?

Thanks,

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: Syncope clustering on localhost

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
> Thanks Massi, I have it working now, although I ran into issues with
> the H2 approach, I'm using MySQL instead and it works perfectly.

Good to know :-)

I suspect H2 (at least in the default in-memory configuration) would
hardly work if shared by two different Java processes.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PMC, CXF committer
http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: Syncope clustering on localhost

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Massimiliano Perrone <ma...@tirasa.net>.