Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Nicholas Keene <nk...@wxc.com> on 2011/08/25 00:50:55 UTC

Compare Only Two HTTP Requests

Hello list. I have been futzing with JMeter for a long long time trying
to figure something out. I have a test which needs to make a request,
extract a datum, make a second request, extract a second datum, then use
those two data when making a final pair of requests, and finally compare
the results of those two requests. So, to be clear, I make an "variable"
request which gives me a list of variables, then for each variable I
make a "datakey" request which tells me the datakey for that variable,
then I use the variable and the datakey to make a pair of requests, and
compare the results of that pair of requests.

My problem is in the very final step. I can't figure out how to get
Compare Assertion to compare the results of that last pair of requests.
I've tried moving my test objects all around, using all sorts of
controllers in all sorts of ways, and I haven't found the right way yet.
I hope one of you can point out what I'm doing wrong.

My tree looks like this:

* Thread Group

** User Defined Variables

** CSV Data Set Config

** HTTP Request (the "variable" request)

*** Regular Expression Extractor (to get the variables)

** ForEach Controller (to loop over the variables)

*** HTTP Request (the "datakey" request")

**** Regular Expression Extractor (to get the datakeys -- but there is
really only one datakey)

*** HTTP Request #1 (first request of the final pair of requests)

*** HTTP Request #2 (second request of the final pair of requests)

*** Compare Assertion

** View Results Tree

** Comparison Assertion Visualizer

Now, what I end up getting in the CAVisualizer is that Request #1 and
Request #2, instead of being compared to one another, are each compared
to the datakey request. I can see that the Compare Assertion must work
by comparing the first request in its parent's group, to each other in
that group. That would be fine, but in no way have I been able to put
Request #1 and #2 into a Simple Controller, or into a ForEach
Controller, or anything else to force the Compare Assertion to compare
#1 and #2 to eachother.

I've tried every combination I can think of and I'm quite stymied. Help!

Nicholas

CONFIDENTIALITY:  The information contained in this document is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipient(s). If the reader of this document is not the intended recipient or any agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message or use of its contents is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete it from your network server and/or hard drive.

WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Weather Central, LP accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Weather Central, LP therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.

Re: Compare Only Two HTTP Requests

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Try
*Rest Of Test
*Simple Controller
** HTTP Request #1 (first request of the final pair of requests)
** HTTP Request #2 (second request of the final pair of requests)
** Compare Assertion

Add the compare assertion visualizer to check.

regards
deepak