Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com> on 2016/05/30 17:10:50 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Beam-related talks this week, in and around Strata+Hadoop World

Hi everyone,

Strata+Hadoop World London is taking place this week at ExCel London,
and we have some Beam-related happenings to announce. Find abstracts,
times, and locations by following links.

June 2
---------

 - "Watermarks: Time and progress in streaming dataflow and beyond"
   by Slava Chernyak.
   (
http://conferences.oreilly.com/strata/hadoop-big-data-eu/public/schedule/detail/49605
)

 - "Stream Processing AMA with Apache Beam/Google Cloud Dataflow engineers"
   with Tyler Akidau, Slava Chernyak, and Kenneth Knowles.
   (
http://conferences.oreilly.com/strata/hadoop-big-data-eu/public/schedule/detail/52057
)

 - And later on June 2 at the Flink London meetup I will be talking about
   Beam, exact topic(s) TBD.
   (http://www.meetup.com/Apache-Flink-London-Meetup/events/231040307/)

June 3
---------

 - "The evolution of massive-scale data processing" by Tyler Akidau.
   (
http://conferences.oreilly.com/strata/hadoop-big-data-eu/public/schedule/detail/49760
)

 -  "Triggers in Apache Beam (incubating): User-controlled balance of
    completeness, latency, and cost in streaming big data pipelines"
    by Kenneth Knowles.
    (
http://conferences.oreilly.com/strata/hadoop-big-data-eu/public/schedule/detail/49592
)

These are just the talks by folks adjacent to me, so if anyone else is
giving a talk or knows about one, please do add to this thread.

See you in London!

Kenn

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Beam-related talks this week, in and around Strata+Hadoop World

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Amit,

I would love to come in Tel-Aviv but already busy on June 7th.

And yes, funny: Java Barcelona == JB ;)

Cheers,
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofr�
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Beam-related talks this week, in and around Strata+Hadoop World

Posted by Amit Sela <am...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi guys,