Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <rh...@yahoo.com> on 2002/01/31 16:22:39 UTC

2 turbine webapps-share login?

Hi,
If I have two turbine based webapps that are using the same db for user
authentication, and I authenticate in one of the webapps, will I be
authenticated in the other?

Is there a way to pass the credentials to the second webapp?

Thanks

Phillip

Re: 2 turbine webapps-share login?

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
If all calls to the second app are routed through the first you can just
set the logged in user id in the HttpServletRequest attributes.  Then
the session validator in the second app can look for that id and accept
it as a valid user.

If the second app may be called independently from the first, you will
need to invoke the second app in your Login action, so that it creates a
session that is tied to the current session in the first app.  You will
want to wrap the response to trap any output this include would create.

Note: tomcat has a bug where it shares the session between apps when
called from each others context so the above tactics are likely to lead
to problems.  They should work with other servlet engines that implement
the spec correctly.

john mcnally