Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Christophe Noel <Ch...@spacebel.be> on 2012/02/14 16:40:07 UTC

Slow when using parallel ForEach with Correlation

Dear all,

I'm quite familiar with Apache Ode (using Intalio BPMS), correlations, loops, but I'm getting some performances lack when using a parallel ForEach with Correlation (see simplified code example below) and would like to get your opinion on my problem.

When I repeatedly invoke a target service (a fast asynchronous web service) using a NON-parallel loop (i.e 20 times), I faslty get the service asynchronous responses using the correlation mechanism.

When I use a parallel loop, I get the first 10 responses immediately, then have to wait more and more (until 1 hour for the last callback) for Apache Ode to handle the response. What is surprising is that the service asynchronous response is already sent some seconds later to the BPEL engine, and Apache Ode requires 1 hour to handle the response and correlate to the foreach task instance.

Is that a known problem in previous version (I'm using Intalio which forks Apache Ode older version) ? Does it also occurs in Apache Ode current version ? Can I solve this problem ?

Thanks for your help.

Code sample :

      <bpel:forEach parallel="yes" counterName="emptyCounter">
      [...]
                <bpel:correlationSets>
            <bpel:correlationSet name="piicorr" properties="this:piiprop"/>
      </bpel:correlationSets>
      [...]
<bpel:invoke>
              <bpel:correlations><bpel:correlation set="piicorr" initiate="yes" pattern="response"/></bpel:correlations>
      </bpel:invoke>
      [...]
      <bpel:receive>
              <bpel:correlations><bpel:correlation set="piicorr" initiate="no"/></bpel:correlations>
</bpel:receive>
</bpel:forEach>

Christophe.

Christophe Noel
Software Engineer
Rue des Chasseurs Ardennais - Liège Science Park - B-4031 Angleur
Tel: +32 (0) 4 361 81 11 - Fax: +32 (0) 4 361 81 20
www.spacebel.be<http://www.spacebel.be/>

E-MAIL DISCLAIMER

The present message may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended addressee and in case of a transmission error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this E-mail. Disclosure, reproduction or distribution of this document and its possible attachments is strictly forbidden.

SPACEBEL denies all liability for incomplete, improper, inaccurate, intercepted, (partly) destroyed, lost and/or belated transmission of the current information given that unencrypted electronic transmission cannot currently be guaranteed to be secure or error free.
Upon request or in conformity with formal, contractual agreements, an originally signed hard copy will be sent to you to confirm the information contained in this E-mail.

SPACEBEL denies all liability where E-mail is used for private use.

SPACEBEL cannot be held responsible for possible viruses that might corrupt this message and/or your computer system.