Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/01 14:42:31 UTC

Re: message stuck inside Activemq queue

AFAIK some problems in this area have been fixed in the 4.2 branch -
please try the 4.2-SNAPSHOT version and see if this has resolved your
problems

On 1/30/07, tarun4java <ta...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> same problem here however here number of messages stuck is quite high. If you
> are able to find any solution plz let us know also.
>

> rvenkat23 wrote:
> >
> > We are also facing the same problem..Messages are stuck in the queue after
> > some time....We are using spring 2.0, activemq 4.1 configured to use
> > oracle db as its persistence storage with master/slave configuration. The
> > queue has only one cosumer listening to it.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Venkat
> >
> > rajdavies wrote:
> >>
> >> we'll need some more information about the setup, number of consumers
> >> etc - and a junit test case always makes resolution of issues quicker
> >>
> >> cheers,
> >>
> >> Rob

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: message stuck inside Activemq queue

Posted by ddaugher <dj...@studio945.com>.
I am experiencing the same exact issue... just joining the chain in order to
be part of the response.

Posted by Márcio Moraes <mm...@gmail.com>.
I thought the problem was gone, but its not.

ActiveMQ needs be restarted in production 2 times every week.

Unfortunately i dont have a stack trace because is someone from production
environment who restart it.

I instruct that guy to do a kill -QUIT before restart next time.

Att,

Márcio Moraes

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
If you ever see any kind of deadlock, please grab a stack trace and
paste it here so we can fix it ASAP.

On 9/14/07, Márcio Moraes <mm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I got same problem using ActiveMQ 4.1.1, my app stops receiving messages
> after a while ...
>
> I built a new version from
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/branches/activemq-4.1/
>
> Using ActiveMQ 4.1.1 it hangs after 1-2 days (it looks like a deadlock).
>
> I have updated 8 days ago to branch version and until now its consumes about
> +-100,000 messages without stops.
>
> Does anyone knows when 4.1.2 will be release?
>
> Att,
>
> Márcio Moraes
>

> 2007/9/14, wickus <wi...@db.com>:
> >

> > We had the same problem with ActiveMQ 4.1.0-incubator. We upgraded to
> > 4.1.1,
> > still same problem. Rob Davies recommended we upgrade to 5-SNAPSHOT, this
> > worked, but we started getting problems with negative queue sizes. Finally
> > upgraded to ActiveMQ Fuse Message Broker 5.0.0 this week. Negative queue
> > size problem doesn't happen, but after a while we find messages get stuck
> > on
> > queues again.
> >

> > James.Strachan wrote:
> > >
> > > AFAIK some problems in this area have been fixed in the 4.2 branch -
> > > please try the 4.2-SNAPSHOT version and see if this has resolved your
> > > problems

> > If

> > consumers
> > quicker