Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/03 07:30:09 UTC

Re: [HEADS UP] - Building from source - More Maven memory needed

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 7:00 PM, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> Perahps another reason to consider releasing components separately?

Yeah with 200+ components and then x2 because of Spring Boot starters
then there is a lot of maven artefacts to build.

Lets see what we can do after 2.18 - could be a good goal to have for
Camel 3.0 etc. But lets get the 2.18 release done first.

> On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 2:39 AM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Just a heads up that we now have so many Maven modules in the source
>> code that Apache Maven requires more memory to build the entire source
>> code.
>>
>> The building page has been updated to suggest setting MAVEN_OPTS to
>> use 3gb of memory (before it was 2gb).
>> http://camel.apache.org/building
>>
>> A reason for the many Maven modules is the work on the Spring Boot
>> where we now generate dedicated camel-xxx-starter modules that are
>> curated Camel components for Spring Boot which has Spring Boot auto
>> configuration and a streamlined pom.xml that is aligned with Spring
>> Boot so the end user experience is that it "just works".
>>
>> I have changed the CI jobs that are building master branch (eg Camel
>> 2.18) to use 3gb and these CI jobs now are able to run.
>>

>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

> Hiram Chirino