Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Bill Binole <bi...@Attachmate.com> on 2000/10/12 16:31:35 UTC

getting back arrays and vectors

I have a soap service that initially just returned a string value.
Basically just feeling things out.  I decided that it would be nice to
return a Vector but this does not seem to be being handled properly as it
seems to be serializing it as an Object[] which causes type problems (bug
???).  So I said ok return a array of strings.  This did not work and gives
me classcastexception when I try and cast the returned value to the proper
type.  So how do you get Soap to give up an arry or vector?

Bill