Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jason Nugent <jn...@ns.sympatico.ca> on 2000/06/26 01:58:33 UTC

Apache::Leak ouput

Hi, folks,

I had a question regarding the output of Apache::Leak.  I'm testing a
perl module for memory leaks using this module, and I've wrapped my code
inside of a

leak_test {

}

statement.  My error_log file (where the output of the leak_test
function goes) ends up with a rather large number of the following bits
of information:

ENTER: 2740 SVs

new 0x827b018 : new 0x827b03c : new 0x827b048 : new 0x827b060   (many of
these).....

LEAVE: 15609 SVs
ENTER: 15609 SVs
new 0x827b0e4 : new 0x827b378 : new 0x827b3b4 : new 0x81c91f8 : new
0x81c29f8 : old (1):
 0 old (1):
 0 old (1):
 0 old (1):
 0 old (1):
 0
LEAVE: 15609 SVs

So, I guess my question is how this all gets interpreted.  the perldoc
for Apache::Leak is a bit sparse, saying:

           use Apache::Leak;

           leak_test {
               my $obj = Foo->new;
               $obj->thingy;
           };
           #now look in error_log for results

so I was wondering if anyone in here had suggestions.

thanks, most appreciated.

Jason