Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Nicolas De Loof <ni...@capgemini.com> on 2005/08/31 09:40:17 UTC

[configuration] Use commons-validator to check configuration

Hello,

I have a requirement to check configuration at application startup for
invalid values. For example, I need to check integers values for a
domain of values.

I've build a simple checker, and I'd like to know if this is a common
requirement and if someone has used commons-validator to build such a
configuration checker.

Nico.

Re: [configuration] Use commons-validator to check configuration

Posted by Nicolas De Loof <ni...@capgemini.com>.
My current implementation uses handly quick and dirty coded check
methods, not validator. I just had this idea when adding checks for some
specialized types. If I have some time, I'll try to build a
validator-based configuration-validator and publish it on this list.

Nico.

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.