Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Ed Staub <es...@comcast.net> on 2010/10/14 02:48:20 UTC

What does plugin doc mean when it says "Maven 2"?

The http://maven.apache.org/plugins documentation for several/many/most of
the plugins refer to themselves as being Maven 2 plugins.

If it will help, I'll file issues on this under Jira, but I'm not sure
where.  Does this generally mean:

- the website is out of date?

- the plugin documentation just needs to updated to say Maven 3?  If so,
should it say "Maven 2/3" to cue Maven2 users that it's correct for them,
too?

- the plugin documentation is just plain out of date - more needs to be
fixed?

- the plugin isn't known to work under Maven 3?

Because I've been paying attention, I'm pretty sure "plugin isn't known to
work" is not true for any mainstream plugins.  But a newbie isn't going to
know that.  Their assumption will be that Maven 3 is a lot less baked than
it is.

RE: What does plugin doc mean when it says "Maven 2"?

Posted by Ed Staub <es...@comcast.net>.
Brett,
Thanks, done.  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4868
I did separate patches for each plugin, in case responsibilities are with
different committers.
-Ed Staub

Re: What does plugin doc mean when it says "Maven 2"?

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vs...@apache.org>.
According our tests cases, all plugins are backward compatibles,
except site plugin. You should use site-plugin:3.0-beta-2.

Vincent

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.