Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Vitalii Diravka <vi...@apache.org> on 2018/12/24 19:27:16 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Drill release 1.15.0 - RC2

Hi all,

I'd like to propose the second release candidate (rc2) of Apache Drill,
version 1.15.0.

Changes since the previous release candidate: fixed the show-stoppers:
DRILL-6919: Error: cannot find symbol in class ServerSocketUtil
DRILL-6920: Fix TestClient.testBasics() yarn test failure
DRILL-6922: QUERY-level options are shown on Profiles tab
DRILL-6925: Unable to generate Protobuf

The release candidate covers a total of 205 resolved JIRAs [1], [2].
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.

The tarball artifacts are hosted at [3] and the maven artifacts are hosted
at [4].

This release candidate is based on commit
8743e8f1e8d5bca4d67c94d07a8560ad356ff2b6 located at [5].

Please download and try out the release.

The vote ends at 7:00am UTC (11:00am PDT, 9:00pm EET, 12:30am (next day)
IST), Dec
28, 2018. It is one day longer, since 12/25/2018 is a holiday.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

Here's my vote: +1

  [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/DRILL/versions/12343317
  [2]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12343317&styleName=&projectId=12313820
  [3] http://home.apache.org/~vitalii/drill/releases/1.15.0/rc2/
  [4]
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedrill-1062/
  [5] https://github.com/vdiravka/drill/commits/drill-1.15.0

Kind regards
Vitalii

Re: [VOTE] Apache Drill release 1.15.0 - RC2

Posted by Vitalii Diravka <vi...@apache.org>.
Voting ends now. Thanks everybody who voted!
I'll post the results soon.

Kind regards
Vitalii

Posted by Gautam Parai <gp...@mapr.com>.

Posted by Khurram Faraaz <kf...@mapr.com>.

Posted by Kunal Khatua <ku...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vitalii Diravka <vi...@apache.org>.
Karthikeyan,

Posted by Karthikeyan Manivannan <km...@mapr.com>.
-Dowloaded and built from source on Mac (was not able to run the failing
test though) .
- Ran some queries to verify batch sizing.

+1

Posted by Hanumath Rao Maduri <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Khurram Faraaz <kf...@mapr.com>.

Posted by Kunal Khatua <ku...@apache.org>.

Posted by Boaz Ben-Zvi <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Abhishek Girish <ag...@apache.org>.
+1

[6] https://github.com/mapr/drill-test-framework

Posted by Boaz Ben-Zvi <bo...@apache.org>.
  Hi Karthik,

     I also see a (different) failure on the Mac when running the
'contrib/storage-jdbc' test:

    [ERROR] Error starting the server for database 'drill_derby_test'.

However this test runs cleanly on Linux, so it has to do with my Mac
environment. The same failures show on the older 1.14 as well.

To verify that yours is an environment issue too, try building 1.14 (see
[1]) and then run the same test there:

/mvn integration-test failsafe:integration-test -pl contrib/storage-jdbc
/

That 1.14 should have similar failures. (The above form of mvn is needed
as those tests are disabled in 1.14)
//

    Thanks,

         Boaz