Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Van Riper <va...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/02 06:19:42 UTC

[OT] Silicon Valley Code Camp at Foothill College on Oct. 27-28

This is a free event by and for the developer community in Silicon
Valley. I've been promoting this event within the local Java developer
community. I'll also be leading one technical session at this Code
Camp based on my experiences converting to S2 from WebWork2 and the
ways we use S2 now in our consumer web site (krillion.com):

Details of My Sessions
http://tinyurl.com/35e4fo

Code Camp is a new type of community event where developers learn from
fellow developers. All are welcome to attend and speak.The Code Camp
Manifesto consists of six points:

(1) by and for the developer community;
(2) always free;
(3) community developed material;
(4) no fluff – only code;
(5) community ownership;
(6) never occur during working hours.

What can you expect at the Silicon Valley Code Camp?

Two full days of talking about code with fellow developers. Sessions
will range from informal "chalk talks" to presentations. There will be
a mix of presenters, some experienced folks, for some it may be their
first opportunity to speak in public. And we are expecting to see
people from throughout the Northern California region and beyond.
Attendance is free, but space is limited so you need to register in
advance. Here is the home page for the event:

http://www.siliconvalley-codecamp.com

It is not too late to signup to lead your own technical session too.
Session submission will remain open until about a week before the
event. After that, they will be assigning time slots at meeting spaces
to the submitted sessions based on the interest level expressed in
each topic.

Whether you to choose to present or just to participate, it would be
great to meetup with other S1 and S2 developers in the area at this
event. If you are interested, you can either respond to this thread or
contact me directly off list. If there is enough interest, we can
schedule an informal Struts BOF session during the weekend sometime
too.

Cheers, Van

--
Mike "Van" Riper