Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Jayesh Thakrar <j_...@yahoo.com> on 2015/05/18 21:09:17 UTC

Installing HBase client on a non-standard Ambari cluster

We have 2 types of Ambari clusters and would like to install HBase client only to access HBase on some remote clusters.
In the first type of Ambari cluster, we have Storm, Kafka, HDFS, YARN/Mapreduce 2 and Zookeeper installed.In the second type of Ambari cluster, we have Storm, Kafka and Zookeeper only.
I would like to install HBase client across all nodes in the above 2 types of clusters to access HBase on a remote cluster.Can I manage the installation and configuration of HBase client via Ambari?If I walk through the UI workflow, I am forced to install HBase Master.Technically I know that I can choose not to start Master and update the client config to point to the zookeeper quorum of the remote HBase cluster, which should work.But is there a way to not even install Master and just install HBase client?
Also, in the second type of cluster, I get a warning that HDFS is not installed and it will be installed along with HBase install.
Any pointers?
Technically, I think I can go down the route of installing HBase client from HDP directly, bypassing Ambari altogether.However I like the "centralized cluster management (install, config, etc.)" concept of Ambari.
Thanks,Jayesh