Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sebastian Hagenbrock <se...@eventim.de> on 2001/08/28 12:50:51 UTC

Apache/Tomcat didn't work together like they should...

Hi,

i try to create a server wich uses Tomcat4.0b7 and Apache 1.3 (running on
suse linux 7.2 professional).

The Apache Server is running fine, and the Tomcat, too. But the Tomcat jsp
Sites I only could access via http://AnUrl:8080/test

The HTML Sites are stored in the Same Folder like my Webapp. And Apaches
Root Directory has been set to this directory, too.

I tried to setup JServ, but this isn't working. Now I like to try
mod_webapp. But I didn't found any HowTo's, man's etc. wich describe howto
setup the config files.

Did somebody know some URLs where i could find some explanations. Or better,
could you help me with this scenario:

My web app is in the webappfolder in jakarta.

The Folder containts the following structure:

usr/local/jakarta/webapp/intra <dir>
	WEB-INF <dir>
		classes <dir>
			..
		lib <dir>
		web.xml <file>
	cgi-bin <dir>
		script1.cgi <cgi script>
		*.cgi
		..
	data <dir>
		.. //Contains the Data used by the cgi & jsp scripts
	index.jsp
	welcome.jsp
	*.jsp

The cgi scripts are needed!

The Site should be accessible via

http://intratest.de/

then the file index.jsp should be automatically opened.

Could you help me???

MFG

S.Hagenbrock

PS. Sorry, for my bad english...