Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Rob Oxspring <ro...@imapmail.org> on 2005/10/03 01:22:56 UTC

Can caching be forced?

Hi,

I have a match setup to pull data from a remote server for later
transformation.  The data from the remote server doesn't appear to have
accurate last modified or useful expiry information but I'd like to
minimize calls to the remote server all the same.  Is it possible to
force the remote data to be cached for some fixed period and thereby
only issue requests to the remote server at some minimum rate (e.g. 1
request per minute).

I'm using a bog standard sitemap based on the one in the 2.1.7 demo.

Thanks for your advice,

Rob

Re: Can caching be forced?

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.
Rob Oxspring wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a match setup to pull data from a remote server for later
> transformation.  The data from the remote server doesn't appear to have
> accurate last modified or useful expiry information but I'd like to
> minimize calls to the remote server all the same.  Is it possible to
> force the remote data to be cached for some fixed period and thereby
> only issue requests to the remote server at some minimum rate (e.g. 1
> request per minute).

see [1]

<map:pipeline>
  <map:parameter name="expires" value="access plus 1 minutes"/>
</map:pipeline>

HTH
Jorg

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/caching.html