Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by david roussin <da...@bluemail.ch> on 2004/03/14 18:03:01 UTC

ConnectionFactory and DataSource

Hi all,
I am currently using the ConnectionFactoryPooledImpl and want to deploy my
application to websphere using its datasources.
However, I do not want to use JTA transactions.
Can I just set the datasource attribute in my repository.xml and use the
ConnectionFactoryNotPooledImpl ?

Re: ConnectionFactory and DataSource

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi David,

david roussin wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am currently using the ConnectionFactoryPooledImpl and want to deploy my
> application to websphere using its datasources.
> However, I do not want to use JTA transactions.
> Can I just set the datasource attribute in my repository.xml and use the
> ConnectionFactoryNotPooledImpl ?

If you don't want to use JTA, you don't need to change anything, because
by default all ConnectionFactory implementations do NOT pool DataSources
(only "normal" connections will be pooled).

regards,
Armin