Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/10 08:47:15 UTC

[asn1-ber] commons-test dependency

In trying to build geronimo without using the snapshot repository, I
get problems because directory-asn1 depends on the unreleased
commons-test 0.1.

So a couple of question:

1) Is this intended?

2) Do you mind if I ask the maven folk to modify the maven-2
repository entries of
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/directory-asn1/asn1-ber/ so that the
poms specify a <scope>test</scope> for the commons-test dependency?

Hen

Re: [asn1-ber] commons-test dependency

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Henri Yandell wrote:
> In trying to build geronimo without using the snapshot repository, I
> get problems because directory-asn1 depends on the unreleased
> commons-test 0.1.

This dependency is a test dep so we did not think it was that much of a
big deal.
> So a couple of question:
>
> 1) Is this intended?

Yeah intended.
> 2) Do you mind if I ask the maven folk to modify the maven-2
> repository entries of
> http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/directory-asn1/asn1-ber/ so that the
> poms specify a <scope>test</scope> for the commons-test dependency?

Go right ahead.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Alex