Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Nathan Coast <na...@codeczar.com> on 2003/10/02 05:33:13 UTC

reactor problem contd

Hi,

there was a thread a few days ago relating to a goal executed via the reactor
failing with the error "unknown goal".  The same goal executed by the reactor
would execute fine when operated on a single project.

http://www.mail-archive.com/users@maven.apache.org/msg03662.html

In addition to this, I'm not sure if this is the same problem or not but.....

I see exactly the same problem when I have dependencies to plugins.  When I
remove the dependencies, the reactor problems go away. I have checked that the
plugins installed and those available via the repository are identical.

In summary.

The multiproject:install goal is called.  this calls <type>:install.  I have an
ejb:ejb pregoal.  This calls goals in my plugins.

with plugins installed & no dependencies to plugins
multiproject:install executes fine, individual ejb:install, war:install etc.
work fine.

with plugins available via dependencies
multiproject:install fails with unknown goal, individual ejb:install,
war:install etc, work fine.

Does this help pinpoint where the problem might be.  Might be a red-herring as
when I encountered the problem originally (Sunday) I hadn't started using
dependencies to plugins

cheers
Nathan